Saturday, June 18, 2011

An Introduction:

I'm opening this blog as a place to put the stuff that I have written, short stories, essays, etc.
I call it Hogback Ridge because of a series of stories that I wrote--maybe am writing--about Parson Smedley who preaches at the little, white meeting house up on Hogback Ridge, and ministers to the varied citizens of that rural community. Some folk have claimed to see a similarity between Smedley and Howard. I'll leave that up to you.  The place, the characters, and the stories are all fictional, though I could tell you some real events that prompted some of them.  I could, but I might not.
These Stories are archived under "Tales from the Hogback."

Several years ago when my boys were in high school I recorded some thoughts about teenagers, growing up, an parental lumps-in-the-throat.
These thoughts are arranged under the heading of "Growing Pains."

I'm creating a third heading creatively called "Other Stuff" for, you guessed it, other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment